If you enabled auto ads for your websites in the Adsense settings, these full-screen ads would start appearing between page loads. These full-page ads are called Vignette ads that users can skip by clicking on the close button. Usually, Vignette ads will be displayed when the user leaves a page. You need to disable Vignette ads to stop full-page ads.
Steps to disable Vignette ads are as follows:
- Login to your Google Adsense account.
- On the left sidebar, click on "Ads".
- Under overview, select "By site".
- Click on the edit button to change the Adsense settings for a website. You will see the following right sidebar.
- On the right sidebar, turn off "Vignette ads" and click on the "Apply to site" button.
These steps should disable full-page ads on your website after a few minutes.